This is a simple spring/summer dish. We love risotto, and it really isn’t as hard as people make it. Be sure you keep the heat at medium low, and add in broth every few minutes. This is definitely a kid pleaser!
- 2 cups of Risotto
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup of carrots, diced
- 2 tb olive oil
- 6-8 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of frozen peas, or fresh
- 1 cup of chopped, roasted asparagus (olive oil+salt+pepper@425 degrees for 20 minutes)
- salt/pepper to taste
1. Before you start the risotto, begin roasting your asparagus.
2. In a saucepan, saute the risotto, carrots, garlic, onion, and olive oil over medium heat. When the rice and garlic start to slightly brown, lower the heat, and add 1 cup of broth. Stir the broth in, then add more. Repeat this until you have put in six cups.
2. Add the peas, asparagus, salt and pepper.
3. Stir in more broth, until the risotto is soft. Enjoy warm