Roasted Asparagus Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Sometimes we run out of cooking ideas, and end up having to blend and borrow from the best of cooks. My sister-in-law is a wonderful cook, who focuses on fresh ingredients. Before they headed out of town, we had my brother’s family over for pizza and she brought a green bean salad similar to the one below. The simplicity was genius, and it complimented the heavier pizza.
When our best friends came over for dinner the other weekend, I really wanted to make a simple meal so that we could focus on catching up. So, I made an old classic (My mother’s baked bean recipe), a new classic (Chickpea and Avocado Salad), and this Asparagus Salad. By the end of the meal, there was nothing left!
I love the simplicity of this recipe and the emphasis on quality ingredients. It is perfect as a side with pasta or with another grain based meal, and would even be good with a brunch. We used lettuce from our garden, and it really added to the fresh taste. The recipe is almost vegan, just swap the honey for agave.
Roasted Asparagus Salad with a Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 cups of fresh lettuce (variety of types)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tb olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Toss the asparagus in the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked. Let the asparagus cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, stir together the vinaigrette ingredients.
4. Spread the lettuce, add the asparagus, drizzle a little dressing and serve.