Subway Testing New Vegan Subs in Washington D.C.
Since the city was voted Best Vegetarian city by PETA, it is no wonder that Subway is testing three new vegan options in Washington DC. The chain already offers the Veggie Delight and an off menu veggie burger, but in an effort to diversify their menu, Subway is testing three new ideas:
Sweet Riblet ♦ Malibu Greek ♦ Italian Black Bean
I encourage you to go and taste test the sandwiches, even if you aren’t a vegetarian. Many of my non-vegetarian friends opt to eat vegetarian pretty often. When you purchase a meal, you give a vote to a company. It is important to show fast food chains that vegetarian options on the menu are viable. Subway, Burger King, and Taco Bell all offer great vegetarian options, but other chains offer skimpy salads. Of course, I am not a huge fan of fast food chains, but in a pinch driving across country, it s nice to have humane options.
For those living in the DC area, go try the subs at the following locations:
- 555 13th St NW, Washington, DC 20005 — 202-347-4616
- 455 Massachusetts Ave, NW (1st Floor) Washington, DC 20001 — 202-638-0348
- 550 First St., NW, Washington, DC 20001 — 202-661-6639
- 8145 Main St, Ellicott City, MD 21043 — 410-418-4330
- 5520 Research Park Dr, #107 (Univ. of MD, Baltimore County), Catonsville, MD 21228 — 410-455-5222
- 300 Sentinel Dr, #100, Annapolis Junction, MD 20701 — 301-490-6553
- 320 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314 — 703-879-4321
- 2361 Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria, VA 22314 — 703-879-4321
- 8270 Greensboro Dr., #120, Mclean, VA 22102 — 703-748-6990