Sweet Potato and Portabello Risotto (Vegan)
This was a really yummy and filling meal, that also happens to be really nutritious. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato and Portabello Risotto
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1 large Portobello Mushroom
- 1/2 cup of chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 cup of risotto (arborio rice)
- 4 cups (and maybe more) of veggie broth
- 2 tsp dried basil
- a pinch or two of salt
- olive oil
- sprinkle of walnuts or pine nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 425
2. Roll the sweet potato in oil, and bake for 60 minutes
3. Meanwhile, saute the onions and peppers in olive oil. When they become soft, throw in the risotto and let cook for a minute. Slowly add in the broth and stir. You will continually stir once in awhile to prevent the risotto from sticking to the bottom. When the liquid disappears add more.
4. After about 15 minutes, add the mushrooms, basil, salt and pepper.
5. When the sweet potatoes are done, chop them up and add them to the risotto. Stir together and add broth until the risotto is done.
5. Plate and sprinkle with walnuts.