Guest Blogging: Fee’s Cream of Tomato Soup
From the previous New Years post you might be wondering about our little girls. Believe me Serafina and Elaine were fully engaged in the New Years festivities. To avoid being on the highway late that night, we decided to go over early in the day so the girls could play, and then have a slumber party. Since Serafina is cruising and Elaine is walking, the two of them make quite the destructive pair. Sometimes, like when they bang on the windows, it is in cheerful unison, other times, like when Serafina kept stealing Elaine’s toys, it was in complete opposition. Elaine is learning Serafina’s name, and Serafina is learning to follow Elaine’s lead.
Deciding to have a classic kiddie meal, we enjoyed really yummy tomato soup and grilled cheese. Fee cooked the soup, so it is really her recipe. Although she claims the meal was haphazard, it was wonderfully delicious. So, written in her own words, here is Fee’s tomato soup for a cold winter day.
Fee’s Cream of Tomato Soup
- 1 Onion
- 1-2 cloves of minced Garlic
- 1-2 tb Butter
- 1 Big Can of Whole Tomatoes
- 2-3 cups of Veggie Broth
- 3-4 cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt, Pepper, Basil to taste
- In a large pot, saute an onion and some garlic in butter on medium – medium high until soft.
- Add a big can of whole tomatoes with a couple of cups of veg stock. Then, add salt, pepper, and basil. Bring to a boil then turn down and let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Puree in blender then pour back into pot and add heavy cream until pinkish.