Tortellini Soup with Wilted Greens and Veggies.
Another night of working through the pantry, freezer, and fridge created this delicious and hearty soup. I almost added cannellini beans, but I worried about the texture. If you wanted beans, replace the tortellini with orzo or risso.
- 1 tbn of olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 cups of finely sliced baby carrots
- 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 boxes of Vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups of mixed lettuce (spinach and arugula)
- 2 cups of chopped zucchini
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbn dried parsley
- 1 tbn dried basil
- 2 packages of cheese tortellini.
- Salt/Pepper/Pecorino cheese to taste
- Saute the onion, garlic, red pepper, and carrots in olive oil for five minutes or until the onion is shimmering.
- Add in the roasted tomatoes, simmer for one more minute.
- Pour in veggie broth and water, followed by bay leaf, lettuce, zucchini, oregano, and parsley.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in tortellini, let cook until the tortellini float, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with sprinkled cheese, fresh bread, and fresh ground pepper.