Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad.
As food is always attached to memory, nothing says 4th of July like my mom’s baked beans and her pasta salad. Last year, I posted the baked bean recipe, which I have updated and improved here. The pasta salad is simple, and to be so 2010, can be used with local produce found at the Farmer’s Market. The secret to this salad is the more raw veggies, the yummier it seems to be. It can be made a day in advance and stored in the fridge
Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad
- 3/4 lb of elbow pasta
- 1 cup of sliced baby carrots
- 1 cup of diced red and yellow pepper
- 1 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of diced radishes
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tb of mayo
- 1 tb of chopped flat leaf parsley (you can use dried, in the pictures I did half and half)
- 1 tb of paprika
1. Boil water and cook the pasta in a large pot.
2. Meanwhile, chop the carrots, red pepper, onion, radishes. Mix them in a bowl.
2. Once the pasta is drained and cooled, mix in the mayo, lemon, 1/2 the paprika and 1/2 the parsley thoroughly.
3. Fold in the veggies to the pasta.
4. Serve chilled.