Vegetarian Tortilla Soup (Vegan)
Another day, another tex-mex themed meal. This is a slightly spicy soup, with all the veggies you want and need. This was simple enough to make, and had lots of flavor. I slightly burned the tortilla strips, so be sure you watch yours!
Have a great Cinqo de Mayo tomorrow. Enjoy!
Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- Olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tb tomato paste
- 1 box of veggie broth
- 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 can of corn, rinsed and drained (or fresh corn if it is in season)
- 1 can of chopped green chiles
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, de-seeded and chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375
2. In a stockpot, saute your onions, garlic, and zucchini in oil. Add the rest of the ingredient (except for tortillas and avocado). Let simmer for 30 minutes
3. Meanwhile, spray a baking pan with oil. Lay your tortillas on top, slice them into strips, spray them with oil, and let bake for 5-10 minutes. Watch them so they don’t burn.
4. Pour your soup in a bowl, then garnish with tortilla chips and avocado